What We Do
The London Marathon Charitable Trust primarily provides capital funding for building or facilities projects that inspire increased participation in physical activity, sport and play.
Our present focus is engaging and supporting individuals and groups who do not currently participate in physical activity.
We accept applications for facilities that are located in the areas in which London Marathon Events Limited organises events:
- All 32 of the London Boroughs and the City of London
- South Northamptonshire District Council area
- Aylesbury Vale District Council area
Since its founding in 1981, The Trust has awarded in excess of £70 million to more than 1,250 projects in London and beyond. Check out the grants awarded on our LMCT grants page.
Our current funding priorities
Our current priorities are primarily to provide funds for capital components of projects that encourage and support increased participation in physical activity, sport and play, especially among one or more of the following groups:
- Individuals who are currently physically inactive or who have low levels of activity
- Groups that are currently physically inactive or who have low levels of activity
- Children and young people outside of school hours
An ‘inactive person’ is someone who, over the course of a week does not achieve a total of 30 minutes of moderate intensity physical activity (Chief Medical Officer and Sport England definition).