Applying to the Facilities Grants Programme – Major Grants
Pausing The Trust's Grants Programmes
Due to the continuing uncertainty brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic, we are not accepting any new applications to The Trust’s grants programmes. The Trustees are also taking this opportunity to review the existing grants programmes, and we will keep the website updated with any new information.
If you would like to discuss the situation or have any questions, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, the information below details the application process when the programme is open, but any timeframes mentioned in the text do not currently apply.
Two-Stage Application Process
- We have a two-stage online application process for a Major Grant
- We make funding decisions four times a year
- We will let you know whether you will be invited to submit detailed Stage 2 information no more than 12 weeks from the application deadline
- If you are unsuccessful, you may only reapply once for the same project. It is therefore important to make the best case you can at the first stage. If you are unsuccessful at Stage 1 we will provide feedback on how you can strengthen your application should you wish to reapply
Information we ask for in the Stage 1 application form:
- Project description: A brief description of the capital works involved in your project and how the facility improvements will encourage and support people to become and remain physically active
- Budget: An initial budget for the project and a partnership funding breakdown showing how you expect to fund the work.
- Fundraising plan: A partnership funding breakdown showing how you expect to fund the work
- Needs case: An explanation of the need for the project, including information on how you have identified demand for the facilities, details of any consultation you have undertaken and support for the proposals from strategic partners and the local community
- Delivery plans and outcomes: An explanation of the impact the project will have on participation in physical activity, sport and/or play at the site, including information on how the facility improvements will support your work to encourage and support people to become and remain physically active
- Sustainability plans: An explanation of how you will ensure the long-term sustainability of your facilities and the activity programmes they support, including information on how you will manage, maintain and market the facilities to ensure they are financially sustainable and well used for years to come
Supporting documents: You will also be required to upload some supporting documents alongside your application.
For a detailed explanation of the Major Grants Stage 1 application process and a full list of what we ask for please refer to the document below:
What information we ask for at Stage 2:
If we invite you to Stage 2, we will ask for more detailed information about your project. You don’t need you to complete another application form, we simply ask you to upload some supporting documents through the online application portal.
The information that we require at Stage 2 is listed below:
- Designs: Detailed designs for your facilities
- Budget: A detailed budget for the entire project, including an explanation of how you would propose to spend any grant from The Trust
- Timeline: A detailed timeline for the project
- Business plan: A detailed business plan for the sustainability of your facility once it has been built/renovated
- Monitoring and evaluation: A detailed proposal for how you will measure the impact of the facility and your other programmes to encourage and support people to become and remain physically active, particularly children and young people and/or underrepresented groups
- Planning permission: Evidence of planning permission granted (where applicable)
- Development plans: Relevant physical activity and sport development plans
- Child Protection Policy: (for all projects involving children)
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults’ Policy: (for projects involving vulnerable adults)
- Partnership funding: Evidence of partnership funding (where already pledged)
- Affiliation: Photocopy of Affiliation to NGB sports where required
- Three letters of support: Including those giving evidence of your organisation’s ability to encourage and support people to become and remain physically active, particularly children and young people and/or underrepresented groups
At this stage we will also arrange to visit the project site, meet you and find out more about your organisation’s work.
We aim to make a decision within 16 weeks of the Stage 2 submission deadline. If our review of your Stage 2 information takes longer we will be in touch.
For a detailed explanation of the Major Grants Stage 2 application process, please refer to the document below: