Applying to the Facilities Grants Programme – Small Grants
Temporary changes to the Facilities Grants Programme - April 2020
Due to the significant uncertainty brought about by the unfolding Covid-19 pandemic we are not accepting new applications at the current time. This is a temporary measure and we hope to re-open again to new applications very soon. We will keep the website updated with any new information.
If you would like to discuss the situation or have any questions, please contact us via email at email@example.com. We are still very keen to hear about exciting project ideas aiming to inspire activity.
Please note, the information below details the application process when the programme is open, but any time frames mentioned in the text do not currently apply.
- We have a simple two-page pre-application Expression of Interest (EOI) form to confirm eligibility of the organisation and project. You will be informed of the outcome of your proposal within 15 working days
- Should you be invited to submit an application, we will send you a link to our Small Grants online application form
- We make funding decisions four times a year and outcomes dates are available on our FAQs page
- We aim to inform you of the Trustees’ decision on your full application within 12 weeks of the application deadline
- If you are unsuccessful in your first application, you will be able to reapply only once more for the same project. It is therefore important to make the best case you can
Information we ask for in the EOI form:
- Project description: A brief description of your proposed project
- Objectives: A brief explanation of what you are aiming to achieve through the project
- Security of tenure: Proof of your security of tenure over the project site (either leasehold or freehold)
Information we ask for in the Small Grants application form:
- Budget: A budget for the project
- Fundraising plan: A partnership funding breakdown showing how you expect to fund the work
- Needs case: An explanation of the need for the project
- Delivery plans and outcomes: An explanation of the impact the project will have on participation in physical activity, sport and/or play at the site
- Sustainability plans: An explanation of how you will ensure the long term sustainability of your facilities and the activity programmes they support
You will also be required to upload some supporting documents alongside your application.
For a detailed explanation of the Small Grants application process and a full list of what we ask for, please refer to the documents below: